We believe the Christian faith should not be first defined by its limits, but rather by its central message. The Apostles’ Creed and the Nicene Creed are historic confessions that demonstrate the heart of the Christian faith. King’s Church unites around these creeds as we live life together doing God's good work.
Apostles Creed (3rd – 5th Century AD)
I believe in God the Father Almighty
maker of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord;
He was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
and born of the Virgin Mary,
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
He descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again.
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of the Father;
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit;
one holy Church;
the communion of saints;
the forgiveness of sins;
the resurrection of the body;
and the life everlasting. Amen.
Nicene Creed (AD 325)
We believe in one God, the Father Almighty;
Maker of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.
And in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only begotten Son of God,
Begotten of the Father before all worlds;
God of God, Light of Light,
Very God of Very God,
Begotten, not made,
Being of one substance with the Father;
By whom all things were made;
Who, for us men and for our salvation,
Came down from heaven,
And was incarnate by the Holy Ghost of the Virgin Mary,
And was made man;
And was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate;
He suffered and was buried;
And the third day he rose again,
According to the Scriptures;
And ascended into heaven,
And sitteth on the right hand of the Father;
And he shall come again, with glory,
To judge both the quick and the dead;
Whose kingdom shall have no end.
And we believe in the Holy Ghost, the Lord and Giver of life;
Who proceedeth from the Father [and the Son];
Who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified;
Who spoke by the prophets.
And we believe in one holy catholic [i.e. universal] and apostolic Church.
We acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins [i.e. baptism is a sign and seal of God’s promise to forgive the sins of those who trust in Christ];
And we look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the world to come. Amen.
King's Church stands in the line of Historic Christianity. Members of King's Church must affirm and believe the following nine core, historic beliefs:
1. THERE IS ONE TRIUNE GOD: There is only one true and living God who is the Creator of the universe. He exists eternally in three Persons – the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
2. THE BIBLE IS GOD’S WORD: The Bible is God’s written revelation of Himself to mankind divinely given through human authors who were inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is entirely true, totally sufficient, and completely authoritative for matters of life and faith.
3. PEOPLE ARE CREATED IN GOD'S IMAGE: Human Beings are created by God to bear His image. They are the crowning work of His creation worthy of love, dignity, and respect regardless of matters like age, race, gender, or class.
4. PEOPLE ARE IN NEED OF REDEMPTION: Because of the Fall, the image of God in people is distorted but not lost. All people have disobeyed God willfully through sin; thus inheriting both physical and spiritual death and the need for redemption. All human beings are born with a sin nature and into an environment inclined toward sin. Only by the grace of God through Jesus Christ can they experience salvation.
5. JESUS IS BOTH LORD AND CHRIST: Jesus is both fully God and fully human. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on the Cross as a substitute for mankind, was raised from the dead, ascended into heaven, and will one day return.
6. JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY OF SALVATION: Salvation comes only through Jesus Christ, the only mediator between God and man. No other religion, belief, or person can reconcile God and man. He alone can provide forgiveness and eternal salvation.
7. SALVATION IS BY FAITH ALONE: Salvation comes only through a faith relationship with Jesus Christ, the Savior, as a person repents of sin and receives Christ’s forgiveness and eternal life. Salvation is instantaneous and accomplished solely by the power of the Holy Spirit through the Word of God. This salvation is wholly of God by grace on the basis of Christ’s life, death and resurrection, not on the basis of human works. All the redeemed are secured in Christ forever.
8. THE CHURCH IS CHRIST'S BODY: The Holy Spirit immediately places all people who put their faith in Jesus Christ into one united spiritual body, the Church, of which Christ is the head.
9. JESUS CHRIST WILL RETURN: God will bring the world to its appropriate end in His own time and in His own way. At that time, Jesus Christ will return personally and visibly in glory to the earth. Christ will judge both the saved and unsaved. Those who have trusted Christ will receive a glorified body and dwell forever with the Lord. Those who have not trusted in Christ will spend eternity in hell, the place of everlasting punishment.